Policy Effective Date: November 4, 2022
Personal identification information:
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out any forms provided to Users or found on the Site, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, vehicle information, pickup address, delivery address, phone number, payment information, and other identifying information related to their transport. We may collect information on other individuals from Users if Users elect to have another individual involved in the pick-up or delivery process. We will collect personal identification information from and about Users, including (1) information provided by Users, such as when they voluntarily submit such information to us; and (2) information collected automatically as Users navigate through our Site, which may include domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, internet connection, the equipment Users use to access our Site, the previous websites Users are coming from when visiting the Site, and information collected through cookies and tracking technologies. Users can always refuse to supply us their personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities or prevent our ability to provide Users our services.
Web browser cookies and tracking technologies:
How we use collected information:
- To improve customer and User service
Information Users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
- To personalize User experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site;
- To present and improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services;
- To allow us to readily respond to your customer service requests;
- To process your transactions when you purchase any of our products or services;
- To request ratings and reviews of our services or products, such as through surveys;
- To contact you after you inquire about our products or services (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To contact you, such as through email and text/SMS messages, with updates on your auto shipment;
- To send periodic emails and text/SMS messages
We may send emails to Users who visit the Site. If a User has not unsubscribed from Sherpa promotional emails, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To enable communications to you regarding our services such as email and text;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How we protect your information:
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Our Site is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Disclosing your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide our products and services, including carriers and drivers to facilitate your auto shipment;
- To third-party review websites that may call you for reviews and feedback on our services and products. Any review or feedback you provide may be publicly posted on the third-party’s website, but only with your consent;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sherpa’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sherpa about our Site Users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, to process your order for products or services you buy from us;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and With your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sherpa, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Children under the age of 13:
ur Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Site or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the contact information section, below (see Contacting us).
Do not track
We do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. Other parties may collect personal identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites when a User uses our Site.
Sherpa Auto Transport
5605 Carnegie Blvd, Suite 250
Charlotte, NC 28209
Last Updated: 11/04/22