Enclosed auto transport is a great car shipping option if you want an extra level of protection for your vehicle. An enclosed trailer is the main choice for moving luxury and classic cars since your high-value automobile will be protected from the elements.
Sherpa Auto Transport can help you move your family car, classic roadster, and everything in between with open or enclosed auto shipping. To get a better idea about how much your car transport might cost, you can apply for car shipping quotes online.
When Should You Consider Enclosed Auto Transport?
Open auto transport is the most common method of moving vehicles, but it’s not always the best option for you. While more expensive, enclosed car shipping could be the right choice if you need more protection. Here are a few things to consider as you decide between open and enclosed auto shipping:
- Your car’s value: If you think of your vehicle more as an investment than a daily driver, using an enclosed car carrier is probably in your best interest. The peace of mind is worth the investment.
- Road debris: With enclosed vehicle transport, your car is immune to all the dust, dirt, rocks, and other roadway hazards that damage cars.
- Weather: Enclosed car haulers protect your vehicle from snow, rain, or any other weather event that could cause damage.
- Your car’s paint job: If your vehicle has a custom paint job, it’s probably best to go with enclosed shipping. You don’t want any road debris or pollution affecting your car’s unique look.
While it’s true that open car shipping is faster and less expensive than enclosed auto transport, it’s not automatically the best option for your needs. Particularly if you’re moving a luxury vehicle, exotic car, or high-end sports car, you need to weigh the extra protection and security that comes with enclosed car transport services.
Pros and Cons of Enclosed Auto Transport
Protecting your vehicle from the elements is a major benefit of enclosed auto transport services. There are, however, a few drawbacks that come with this method of car shipping. Here are a few pros and cons of enclosed car transport you should keep in mind.
What to Look for in an Enclosed Auto Transport Company
There are a few key things to look for as you evaluate car shipping companies’ enclosed shipping options. Whatever your unique vehicle shipping needs, be sure to keep these factors in mind as you make your decision:
- Enclosed auto shipping expertise: You want a company that has an extensive track record of enclosed car shipping. Look for a carrier with years of proven success in the enclosed auto transport industry.
- Locked-in quotes: Car shipping costs can skyrocket after initial estimates with some carriers. If a car shipping company locks in its quotes, like Sherpa, you should jump on the opportunity.
- Solid insurance coverage: Basic liability insurance will come with any car shipping service. Sherpa provides extra peace of mind with $1 million in liability insurance and $100,000 in cargo insurance coverage. Our team also verifies the good standing of every carrier’s insurance policy.
- Strong customer reviews: Check out what customers are saying about enclosed car transport companies before you make any arrangements. Look for high marks on timeliness, customer service, and cost.
Why You Should Choose Sherpa Auto Transport
Whatever type of vehicle you need to ship, Sherpa Auto Transport can connect you with the best carrier for you. Sherpa has built a strong reputation based on our customer service. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives us an A+ rating as well as accreditation with the company. Customer reviews on the BBB rate us highly as well, with an average 4.9 out of 5 stars.
The Sherpa Price Lock Promise
At Sherpa, the price we give you the first time is the price you’ll pay upon delivery of your vehicle. If the originally quoted price isn’t enough for us to contract with a reputable auto transport carrier, we’ll contribute up to $300 to keep your price the same.
We use proprietary technology to give you the most accurate price for your auto transport needs. Our team factors in the historical pricing of your chosen route, current market demands, and vehicle size to give you an all-inclusive price. From there, our Price Lock Promise gives you extra peace of mind as you prepare for your transport.
We know the carriers we work with inside and out. Our team uses a thorough vetting process to identify the best carriers in the auto transport industry. We’ve done our homework on accident reports, maintenance records, and customer feedback to build a network of preferred carriers. Our high standards mean we’ll pair you with an auto transport company you can trust.